Thursday, March 27, 2014

READ--LOOK--WRITE! 11

READ


I left no ring with her: what means this lady?Fortune forbid my outside have not charm'd her!She made good view of me; indeed, so much,That sure methought her eyes had lost her tongue,For she did speak in starts distractedly.She loves me, sure; the cunning of her passionInvites me in this churlish messenger. None of my lord's ring! why, he sent her none.I am the man: if it be so, as 'tis,Poor lady, she were better love a dream.Disguise, I see, thou art a wickedness,Wherein the pregnant enemy does much. How easy is it for the proper-falseIn women's waxen hearts to set their forms!Alas, our frailty is the cause, not we!For such as we are made of, such we be.How will this fadge? my master loves her dearly; And I, poor monster, fond as much on him;And she, mistaken, seems to dote on me.What will become of this? As I am man,My state is desperate for my master's love;As I am woman,.now alas the day!. What thriftless sighs shall poor Olivia breathe!O time! thou must untangle this, not I;It is too hard a knot for me to untie!

-- William Shakespeare, from Twelfth Night





LOOK
Its been a tiresome few weeks for me.  I've been battling an especially sticky cold, my family may have to move, and I can't seem to digest gluten (an otherwise choice-ingredient for coping).  When a friend posted this on FB, I just had to share.  Its so light and funny and well-done.  Thank goodness for the minds of our everyday kids!  I don't know what I would do without the comic relief of my brood!  Enjoy!  When kids write scripts for grown-ups.




WRITE!


Where the dry grasses 
come down to the bank, 
and the stream widens, 
there you can find 
animal tracks. 
Remain open 
and true. 
The clear stream
enters the woods, 
and becomes untraceable,
Only to emerge again, 
Into the open,
anew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment